Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Japanese tea garden 2

In the morning I often take my first tea here. In front of it and behind it, to the east and to the west there are high trees, thus before foliation and after the fall of the leaves it is a sunny place, but in the summer it is shadowy and fresh almost all the day.

To the left I see the forest.

Here I can still catch a glimpse of the rising sun among the crowns of the trees.

In front of us there is also the forest and our part-shadow garden.

Daylilies seen from near.

And from even nearer (Hemerocallis 'Victorian Fantasy'.)

Hemerocallis 'Victorian Fantasy'To the right, in the middle, another part-shadow parcel. In the middle of the picture, one of my favorites: Persicaria microcephala 'Red Dragon'.

Persicaria microcephala 'Red Dragon'To the right the part-shadow garden continues.

The young catalpa seen in the previous picture, now nearer to us. Its flowers are very fragrant.

No comments: