Sunday, January 20, 2008

John Clare

One of my great favorites. To my grief, I could not take a photo of it that would really display how beautiful it is in the life. Its flower has a very rare warm pink tone. Its bush is compact and upstanding, thus it can be well planted together with perennials. It blooms continuously, and just today I saw that it produces cute little hips in winter.



class: English rose (David Austin 1994)
height: 90-150 cm - At us usually around 90-120, with no hard pruning.
width: 75-150 cm - At us it is rather around 90 cm.
American hardiness zone: Z5 (down to -29 ºC)
bloom: repeated - At us practically blooms continuously.

1 comment:

Julia Erickson said...

I know what you mean about a photograph not being able to capture the true beauty of a rose. Nonetheless, your photographs are beautiful.